Merkel To Cooperate with Trump, Hollande Expresses Reservations
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is prepared to co-operate with newly-elected US President Donald Trump on the basis of common values.
“Germany and the USA are linked by values – democracy, freedom, respect for human rights. On the basis of these values, I am offering the future President of the US close co-operation,” stated Merkel to journalists.
According to Merkel, “partnership with the USA has been and remains a basis of the foreign policy of Germany.”
This allows us to overcome the serious challenges of our time, added Merkel.
The election of Donald Trump for US President means the beginning of a period of uncertainty, reckons French President Fran?ois Hollande.
The French leader made it clear that he is not particularly enthusiastic about the result of the vote for President in the USA.
- » The EU Gives "Green Light" to Intensive Brexit Talks
- » The European Commission Launches Infringement Proceedings against Bulgaria and Portugal
- » Greece with the Highest Number of Unemployed Graduates in the EU
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Cyprus Want More Solidarity and EU Funds in order to Handle the Migrant Pressure
- » Mike Pompeo: We Want Stability in the Balkans, It is a Region "Full of Challenges"
- » EU Foreign Minister-Designate: Europe Must Act United