Two Investors Interested in Bulgaria's Belene NPP
Two companies are interested in the reactors of the Belene NPP, announced Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova, reported BNR.
Investor interest may be satisfied only after the project is privatised and carried out as a private project. Petkova appointed out that, according to the agreement between NEK and Atomstroyexport, interest on the Belene deal has been waived.
“Another important part of the agreement is that Atomstroyexport declared that it has no claims in terms of investment disputes against Bulgaria,” specified Petkova. She insisted that Bulgaria will do everything possible to pay back by December 15th.
We are expecting an official notification from the European Commission and we have their assurance that this will happen in the shortest possible time.
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal