Bulgaria-Romania To Launch Gas Link on November 11
The gas interconnector to Romania will become operational on November 11, stated PM Boyko Borisov at a meeting with his counterpart Aleksandar Vu?i?.
Borisov called for the intersystem link between Serbia and Bulgaria to be completed as well, since it is vital for both countries.
The interconnector with Romania will be the first one to become operational since the gas crisis of 2009 which proved that Bulgaria is, in fact, totally dependent on deliveries of Russian gas and that the country is completely vulnerable, compared to other EU member-states.
Then, with the support of the European Commission, Bulgaria made it its purpose to secure alternative routes and sources of fuel, which the Bulgarian government managed to achieve, albeit partially, eight years later.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020
- » Bulgaria: Forecasts for Record Drop in Power Generation Proved Right
- » Bulgaria: Heating Companies Agree to Provide More Information to Consumers
- » Record Low Power Consumption on New Year Holidays in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector Changes Balkan Gas Supplies Map