Bulgaria-Romania To Launch Gas Link on November 11
The gas interconnector to Romania will become operational on November 11, stated PM Boyko Borisov at a meeting with his counterpart Aleksandar Vu?i?.
Borisov called for the intersystem link between Serbia and Bulgaria to be completed as well, since it is vital for both countries.
The interconnector with Romania will be the first one to become operational since the gas crisis of 2009 which proved that Bulgaria is, in fact, totally dependent on deliveries of Russian gas and that the country is completely vulnerable, compared to other EU member-states.
Then, with the support of the European Commission, Bulgaria made it its purpose to secure alternative routes and sources of fuel, which the Bulgarian government managed to achieve, albeit partially, eight years later.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant