Bulgarians Mark Zadushnitsa
On Saturday, Bulgarians commemorate one of the three most important All Souls (Zadushnitsa) days in Eastern Orthodox Christianity - the day of St Michael (in Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox traditions, he is called ‘Taxiarch Archangel Michael’) or simply "Archangel Michael".
On this day, Bulgarians honour the memory of all dead, eternal gratitude to officers and soldiers who died for Bulgaria, and the Bulgarian troops who lost their lives in defence of the homeland.
On Zadushnitsa, the relatives of the deceased gather in order to remember their loved ones. Sweets, fruit, wine are offered in commemoration, including to strangers, as this is a deeply-rooted and widely respected tradition in Bulgarian society.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly