Bulgarians Mark Zadushnitsa
On Saturday, Bulgarians commemorate one of the three most important All Souls (Zadushnitsa) days in Eastern Orthodox Christianity - the day of St Michael (in Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox traditions, he is called ‘Taxiarch Archangel Michael’) or simply "Archangel Michael".
On this day, Bulgarians honour the memory of all dead, eternal gratitude to officers and soldiers who died for Bulgaria, and the Bulgarian troops who lost their lives in defence of the homeland.
On Zadushnitsa, the relatives of the deceased gather in order to remember their loved ones. Sweets, fruit, wine are offered in commemoration, including to strangers, as this is a deeply-rooted and widely respected tradition in Bulgarian society.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor