Islamic State Claims Responsibility for Car Bomb in Turkey's Diyarbakir
Islamic state has claimed the responsibility for the attack with a car-bomb in the southeast city of Diyarbak?r which killed 8 people and injured over a 100 on Friday, reported BNR.
Earlier, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Y?ld?r?m accused Kurdish rebels of the attack.
The car bomb attack was carried out after the arrest of 12 deputies from the pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP).
The arrests resulted in the EU calling a meeting of the ambassadors of member-states in Ankara. Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, stated that Brussels is extremely concerned about the actions of Turkish authorities.
The USA is also disturbed by the arrests of Kurdish leaders, stated the spokesperson of the White House.
Secretary General of the UN Ban Ki-moon also expressed his concern about the arrests and the restrictions imposed on the media in Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis