UN Secretary General Concerned About Arrests of Turkish Opposition Leaders
Secretary General of the UN Ban Ki-moon has expressed his concern about the arrest of deputies of the pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) and about the scale of the measures taken in Turkey after the coup attempt.
“The Secretary General is concerned about the scale of the dismissals which followed the coup attempt in July, including those concerning members of Parliament and other officially elected persons like the co-chairpersons of the opposition pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) and other deputies arrested yesterday,” stated the press secretary of the UN.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany Introduces Measures For Another Three Districts of Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in India: Coronavirus Has Infected More Than 7.6 Million
- » US Mortality Data Indicates COVID-19 Death Toll Nearly Double
- » Second Truce Attempt in Nagorno-Karabakh Failed as Fighting Continues
- » COVID-19: Ireland Will Impose Lockdown
- » Head of IMF Georgieva - Bulgaria Could Do More Against COVID-19 and Economic Crisis