EU Extremely Concerned About Arrests of Turkish Opposition MPs
The European Union is extremely concerned about the of Turkish deputies from the pro-Kurdish opposition party and has called a meeting of the ambassadors of member-states in Ankara, announced Federica Mogherini High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy.
“The arrest of 12 deputies from the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), including its leaders, marks the end of democracy in Turkey,” read a party statement, cited by AFP.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland: The Biggest Protest in Warsaw so far Against Abortion Ruling
- » EC: Informed Decision-Making, Effective Vaccination, Safe Travel in Fight Against Coronavirus
- » Spain Closes 4 More Regions Amid Worsening COVID-19 Situation
- » French President Macron: New Lockdown Rules, People Fill Out Forms to Leave Their Homes
- » Germany Registers 16 000 Coronavirus Cases - Highest Daily Increase Since the Pandemic
- » COVID-19: France Considering Re-Introducing of Self-Isolation