Turkey's Erdogan Criticises Germany for Harbouring Terrorists
Turkish President Erdogan has criticised harshly German Chancellor Angela Merkel for her position regarding the detention of Cumhuriyet journalists, reported AFP, cited by Focus agency.
Erdogan stated that Ankara has apprehensions about Germany becoming a refuge for terrorists.
“Germany has turned into a place where terrorists find refuge. There are racist attacks against Turks in Germany. It is unacceptable that Germany is protecting terrorists,” stated Erdogan.
Erdogan accused Germany of harbouring terrorists and added that Germany did not respond to Ankara’s request to hand over suspects for the failed coup attempt in July.
Erdogam specified that about 4,000 dossiers of persons suspected of the coup and living in Germany have been handed over to Merkel but Ankara has not received any response in return.
- » Northern Macedonia Expects to Receive a Start Date For Talks with the EU
- » Over 160 Migrants Arrived in Greece From Turkey Over the Weekend
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia