Germany Not Mulling Sanctions Against Turkey Over Freedom of Press Concerns
Germany is not considering the possibility of imposing sanctions against Turkey because of the harsh measures adopted after the failed coup attempt in the summer and the detention of employees of an opposition newspaper in October, announced German Chancellor Angela Merkel, reported Reuters.
“We had serious doubts whether the actions against the Editor-in-Chief of Cumhuriyet Murat Sabuncu were in accordance with the rule of law,” stated German government spokesperson Stephen Zeibert.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'
- » Over 600 Arrests after Shootout between Migrants near the Serbia-Hungary Border
- » The Austrian Vice Chancellor supports Bulgaria and Romania for Schengen
- » Austria decided that Bulgaria and Romania are not ready for Schengen
- » Why some Bulgarian MEPs voted Against the Resolution that declared Russia a Sponsor of Terrorism