Germany Not Mulling Sanctions Against Turkey Over Freedom of Press Concerns
Germany is not considering the possibility of imposing sanctions against Turkey because of the harsh measures adopted after the failed coup attempt in the summer and the detention of employees of an opposition newspaper in October, announced German Chancellor Angela Merkel, reported Reuters.
“We had serious doubts whether the actions against the Editor-in-Chief of Cumhuriyet Murat Sabuncu were in accordance with the rule of law,” stated German government spokesperson Stephen Zeibert.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Biden Discussed the Ukrainian Crisis and action Against Russia with European Leaders
- » EU has No Plans to Withdraw from Ukraine and Expects the US to explain Why they did
- » Thousands Protested against COVID Measures in Brussels (VIDEOS)
- » From Today: Stricter Restrictions on the Unvaccinated in France
- » The Commander of the German Navy has Resigned after Praising Putin
- » The EC welcomes the Dialogue between the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia