Amnesty International Moscow Office Closed Down
The office of the non-governmental organisation Amnesty International in Moscow has been closed down.
Representatives of the organisation claim they had no warning or explanation about the incident.
As of May, a new law entered into force in Russia, whereby authorities have the right to close down international organisations without a judicial decision if, in their opinion, national security or constitutional tenets have been threatened.
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia