Amnesty International Moscow Office Closed Down
The office of the non-governmental organisation Amnesty International in Moscow has been closed down.
Representatives of the organisation claim they had no warning or explanation about the incident.
As of May, a new law entered into force in Russia, whereby authorities have the right to close down international organisations without a judicial decision if, in their opinion, national security or constitutional tenets have been threatened.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: There are No Negotiations on a New Treaty to Reduce Nuclear Weapons
- » The War in Ukraine made Russia Second in the World in Downloading VPN apps
- » Russia withdraws from the International Space Station
- » Medvedev: European Intellectuals suffer from severe Diarrhea for Fear of Freezing Out
- » Russia added Greece in its List of Unfriendly Countries
- » Lavrov: Russia's "Geographic Goals" in the War with Ukraine are Expanding