Bulgaria Govt OKs Oil, Gas Exploration Tender for Northwest
The cabinet has approved plans to launch a tender for oil and gas exploration in Northwestern Bulgaria, the country's poorest region.
A block located in the region of Vratsa will be open to exploration due to "interest from investors", the government has announced.
A permit will be granted for a company to look for oil and gas within "Block 1-25 Vratsa-zapad" for a period of five years, with the right to extend activities twice for a period of two years.
Assessment of offers will be made in accordance with employment, environment, training and other measures proposed with regard to the project.
- » Renewable Resort: Greek Island to Run on Wind and Solar Power
- » Australian Oil and Gas Enters Bulgaria, Buys Offshore Block Stake from Shell
- » Turkey will Build its Third Nuclear Power Plant Next to Bulgaria with Chinese Technology
- » Czech CEZ Reportedly Sues Bulgaria over Banned Asset Sale
- » Interconnector Greece-Bulgaria: Over 80% of Work Complete to Start Construction
- » Nezavisimaya Gazeta Predicts: "Turkish Stream" will Inevitably Become Bulgarian