Bulgaria's EU Commissioner: Decision To Leave EC Is Good for Bulgaria, Good for Europe
“The fact that I am leaving the European Commission has nothing to do with my campaign for the post of Secretary General of the UN,” stated European Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva on BNR.
“The campaign for the UN and my participation in it was a result of the fact that several Eastern European countries turned to our Prime Minister and said that we should try, the last chance for us – Eastern Europe to get this position. The PM’s act was the right thing to do. My decision was also right,” underlined Georgieva.
Georgieva expressed her satisfaction with her work at the European Commission.
“What the World Bank is offering me is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it is good not only for me but for Europe as well,” commented Georgieva.
She added that during the discussions of the Board of Directors of the World Bank the representatives of Europe were very satisfied that there is a chance for a European to assume the position of Executive Director.
“I am very sorry that I have to leave but this is a decision that is good for me, good for Europe and good for Bulgaria as well,” stated Georgieva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st