Turkey, Greece To Launch Thessaloniki-Izmir Ferry Line
Turkey and Greece are working on the launch of a new ferry line to connect Thessaloniki and Izmir in the beginning of 2017, reported Dogan News Agency.
The Mayor of Thessaloniki Yiannis Boutaris, who is enthusiastic about encouraging Turkish visits to the Greek city, was in Ankara where he held negotiations on the ferry project which will service both passenger and cargo vessels.
Boutaris underlined the potential of Turkish tourists who come to Thessaloniki. Last year alone, more than 5,000 tourists visited the house of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk who was born in Thessaloniki.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis