Bulgaria's PM: We Need EU Commissioner for Ecology or Regional Development
“We need a European Commissioner for ecology or regional development. In these two sectors, Bulgaria has the greatest need and we will attempt to win,” stated Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov when answering the question who will replace Kristalina Georgieva.
Bulgaria’s European Commissioner Georgieva is to head the World Bank.
“First, I will talk to the President of the European Commission Jan-Claude Juncker and see what the options are. We already have the highest position with a Bulgarian heading the World Bank. This is a very powerful institution and the presence of Kristalina Georgieva there is of benefit for our country,” added Borisov.
Borisov commented that Georgieva has fulfilled her role budget-wise and European funds for Bulgaria have increased from EUR 12 B to EUR 15 B.
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Ranks First in the EU in Terms of Road Accident Rates
- » The Deadline For Submission of Applications For Belene NPP Expires
- » EU Wants to Ban Australia from Using "Bulgarian Rose Oil" Signature Name
- » Bulgaria is the First Country in Europe to Introduce Car Passports
- » Bulgaria to Decide Eurovision 2020 Participation in September.
- » Bulgaria and EU Share Road Funding