US State Department Warns of Increased Threat of Terrorist Attacks in Istanbul
The US State Department has warned of an increased threat of terrorist attacks against American citizens in Istanbul.
The Department has ordered the families of the employees of the US Consulate in Istanbul to leave the country.
At the same time, American citizens were warned twice within a week to consider carefully whether they have to travel to Turkey at this particular time.
The decision concerns only employees of the General Consulate in Istanbul. It does not include employees of the other diplomatic missions of the USA in Turkey – the embassy in Ankara and the consulate in the southern city of Adana.
Earlier, the US State Department warned its citizens not to travel to Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis