US State Department Warns of Increased Threat of Terrorist Attacks in Istanbul
The US State Department has warned of an increased threat of terrorist attacks against American citizens in Istanbul.
The Department has ordered the families of the employees of the US Consulate in Istanbul to leave the country.
At the same time, American citizens were warned twice within a week to consider carefully whether they have to travel to Turkey at this particular time.
The decision concerns only employees of the General Consulate in Istanbul. It does not include employees of the other diplomatic missions of the USA in Turkey – the embassy in Ankara and the consulate in the southern city of Adana.
Earlier, the US State Department warned its citizens not to travel to Turkey.
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia
- » Erdogan: Operation of the C-400 Systems is Scheduled to Begin in April 2020
- » Turkey Will not Give up on Drilling Near Cyprus, Despite EU Sanctions