No Reports of Injured Bulgarians in Italy Quakes - Ambassador
There has been no information about Bulgarians injured in the series of tremors that hit Central Italy on Wednesday evening, Bulgaria's Ambassador to Rome has said.
"We have no data about stranded Bulgarians, regardless of the fact that we have information about Bulgarians living in the [affected] region," Ambassador Marin Raykov has told the Bulgarian National Television.
Raykov has added that roads into the area are closed as of the moment and some of the locals, Bulgarians included, cannot be reached.
"However, we have had no calls" from Bulgarians affected by the earthquake, he has said.
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has also made a statement saying there are no Bulgarians among the people injured in the quake.
However, severe weather conditions prevent emergency teams from reaching some of the areas affected as assessing the damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine