Bulgarian PM Vows to Look into All Privatization Deals
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has pledged to trigger an inspection into all privatization deals signed since the democratic transition began in 1989.
At a regular cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Borisov has made clear the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for National Security (DANS), the country's counter-intelligence and domestic security agency, will examine all the deals in detail after the presidential elections in November.
The inspection will include Bulgarian tobacco major Bulgartabac, whose opaque privatization procedure has been fuelling speculation for years.
Borisov's words are a reaction to the opposition's claims that his name was involved in the privatization of Bulgartabac, which, in his words, "angered [him] a bit".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low