Bulgarian PM Vows to Look into All Privatization Deals
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has pledged to trigger an inspection into all privatization deals signed since the democratic transition began in 1989.
At a regular cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Borisov has made clear the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for National Security (DANS), the country's counter-intelligence and domestic security agency, will examine all the deals in detail after the presidential elections in November.
The inspection will include Bulgarian tobacco major Bulgartabac, whose opaque privatization procedure has been fuelling speculation for years.
Borisov's words are a reaction to the opposition's claims that his name was involved in the privatization of Bulgartabac, which, in his words, "angered [him] a bit".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Feature-Rich Bitcoin Mining Software Programs
- » Bulgarian Tourism Reports the Most Difficult Summer Season and Losses of Nearly 80%
- » France: Eiffel Tower Evacuated 'Over Bomb Threat'
- » WHO: Tobacco Responsible for 20% of Deaths from Coronary Heart Disease
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 73: No Tension, "Great People's Uprising" Scheduled for September 22