Bulgarian PM Vows to Look into All Privatization Deals
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has pledged to trigger an inspection into all privatization deals signed since the democratic transition began in 1989.
At a regular cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Borisov has made clear the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for National Security (DANS), the country's counter-intelligence and domestic security agency, will examine all the deals in detail after the presidential elections in November.
The inspection will include Bulgarian tobacco major Bulgartabac, whose opaque privatization procedure has been fuelling speculation for years.
Borisov's words are a reaction to the opposition's claims that his name was involved in the privatization of Bulgartabac, which, in his words, "angered [him] a bit".
- » Gulf Times: Qatar Airways signs Joint Flight Agreement with Bulgaria Air
- » 400 People were Detained during the Carnivals in Brazil
- » Jeff Bezos Gives $ 10 Billion to Fight Climate Change
- » NSI: Total Average Income per Household Member in Q4 2019 was BGN 1,770
- » BSMEPA will Work with the Bulgarian Association of Electrical Engineering and Electronics to Support the Industry
- » Salary Rise in Slovenia