EU Parliament to Discuss New Monitoring Mechanism on Bulgaria, Romania
The European Parliament is to discuss options to replace the current Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) on Tuesday.
The CVM is applied on Bulgaria and Romania, monitoring their progress in judicial reforms and fighting corruption.
Some MEPs, however, demand that a mechanism be implemented to monitor all member states and assess the quality of their democracy, rule of law and basic rights.
Bulgaria and Romania agreed to the mid-2000s, as a prerequisite for EU membership. Reports are now being prepared on an annual basis, with Romania performing much better than Bulgaria over the past few years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Will Represent Bulgaria at European Council Meeting in Brussels
- » Bulgaria Takes over Rotating Presidency of SEDM Process
- » Eurostat: Excess Mortality Rate in EU Highest in Bulgaria
- » Politico: Scandals in Bulgaria Come Thick and Fast
- » Bulgaria’s President Attends NATO Summit in Brussels
- » Bulgaria and Czech Republic Probe into Arms Depots Blasts Together