EU Parliament to Discuss New Monitoring Mechanism on Bulgaria, Romania
The European Parliament is to discuss options to replace the current Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) on Tuesday.
The CVM is applied on Bulgaria and Romania, monitoring their progress in judicial reforms and fighting corruption.
Some MEPs, however, demand that a mechanism be implemented to monitor all member states and assess the quality of their democracy, rule of law and basic rights.
Bulgaria and Romania agreed to the mid-2000s, as a prerequisite for EU membership. Reports are now being prepared on an annual basis, with Romania performing much better than Bulgaria over the past few years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria