Hungarian PM Orban: We Must End Europe's Sovietisation
Hungary’s PM Viktor Orban has called for the salvation of Europe via national states and Christian values, reported BGNES.
Hungary wants to put an end to the “sovietisation of Europe” and to protect its borders from mass migration, added Orban during the celebrations commemorating the anniversary of the anti-communist revolt in the country in 1956.
“We want to preserve ourselves as a European nation and not merely as one nationality within Europe’s framework,” added the Hungarian PM.
According to him, “there cannot be a free Europe without national states and millennia-old Christian wisdom.”
“People who love freedom must save Brussels from sovietisation and from the people who want to tell us with whom we are supposed to live in our own country,” underlined Orban.
His speech was interrupted on several occasions by opposition protesters.
- » Donald Tusk: UK Will Become a "Second-Rate Player" after Brexit
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council
- » The European Council to Impose Sanctions over Turkish Drilling Operations near Cyprus
- » More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens