Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov To Play at Sofia ATP Tour Event
Bulgaria’s tennis player Grigor Dimitrov (ranked 18th in the ATP world rankings) has announced that he will participate in the tennis tournament in Sofia with prize money to the amount of EUR 520,070.
The tournament will be held in Sofia in February 5-12 at Arena Armeets.
This is the second edition of the tournament under the aegis of ATP.
Dimitrov did not take part in the first edition saying that this was not part of his plans, despite the fact that he had received an invitation by the organizers.
This fact, together with his refusal to participate in the Davis Cup match against Hungary triggered a flood of criticism against him.
The other players who have expressed their wish to participate in the tournament include Dominic Thiem (AU), Roberto Bautista Agut (ESP, ranking 14) and Viktor Troicki (SER, ranking 28).
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing