Bulgaria's Prosecutor General Demands Withdrawal of Immunity of Gerb Deputy Delyan Dobrev
The Prosecutor General has submitted to Parliament a request for the withdrawal of the immunity of GERB deputy Delyan Dobrev, reported the press centre of the Prosecutor’s Office.
The request is based on evidence collected by the Sofia’s Prosecutor’s Office regarding the crime of premeditated abeyance in Delyan Dobrev’s capacity as Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism.
According to the investigation, the crime has resulted in damages to the National Electric Company (NEK) to the amount of EUR 4,561,697.27.
The Prosecutor’s Office also claims that the crime was premeditated, resulting in significant damages and the case is especially severe.
Delyan Dobrev has announced that he will submit a declaration in Parliament at 16:00 hrs on Monday to the effect that he is giving up his immunity voluntarily.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"