Smuggling Ring Uncovered in Bulgaria as Truck Runs Out of Fuel
Police on Saturday detained five Bulgarian nationals near Sliven in the country's east over their alleged involvement in the smuggling of nearly two dozen migrants.
Three cars were stopped by officers for a routine check in the afternoon. Subsequently, twenty-four irregular migrants were found inside the secret compartment of a TIR truck that was officially carrying timber.
The truck transporting migrants was left stranded between the town of Karnobat and the Black Sea city of Burgas, having run out of fuel. It was found by the road soon after the smuggling suspects were arrested.
- » Ministry of Justice Asked the UAE for the Extradition of Vasil Bozhkov
- » 24 People were Killed in a Church Attack in Burkina Faso
- » A Record 5 Tonnes of Cocaine Seized in Costa Rica
- » Petrich Municipality Investigated by OLAF
- » Vasil Bozhkov Charged with Two More Crimes
- » Bloomberg:Fugitive Gambling Tycoon Fights for his Vast Treasure Trove