Smuggling Ring Uncovered in Bulgaria as Truck Runs Out of Fuel
Police on Saturday detained five Bulgarian nationals near Sliven in the country's east over their alleged involvement in the smuggling of nearly two dozen migrants.
Three cars were stopped by officers for a routine check in the afternoon. Subsequently, twenty-four irregular migrants were found inside the secret compartment of a TIR truck that was officially carrying timber.
The truck transporting migrants was left stranded between the town of Karnobat and the Black Sea city of Burgas, having run out of fuel. It was found by the road soon after the smuggling suspects were arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria