Bulgarian MPs: Ceiling of 35 Voting Sections Abolished for EU countries
With 108 votes “for”, 35 “against” and 18 abstentions, parliamentary deputies adopted at first reading the amendments to the Electoral Code submitted by Krasimir Velchev, Danail Kirilov and other GERB deputies. The same was proposed by Nayden Zelenogorski and deputies from the Reformist Bloc.
Under the amendments, the limit of 35 voting sections per country has been abolished for EU member-states.
Under other amendments the “I do not support anyone” square will be considered valid in presidential and mayoral elections, and not valid in parliamentary and municipal elections.
On GERB’s insistence, it was decided that there may be more than one urn per voting section, if the need arises.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend