Bulgaria Revises Fighter-Jet Tender Technical Specifications
The Bulgarian Defence Ministry has set new technical specifications for its fighter jet tender.
Via the amendments, the purchase of used F-16 fighter jets from Portugal will become the preferred option, stated parliamentary deputies.
BSP’s deputy Atanas Zafirov has asked the Defence Ministry whether the information reported by TV Channel Kanal 3 regarding the fighter jet tender is true.
Kanal 3 broadcast that the amended tender specifications reduce the maximum amount of weighed points allocated depending on the fighter jet’s service life from 25% to 0% of the total.
The new specifications should be approved by the end of the week by the Defence Council. The Council includes the Defence Minister and high-ranking military officers.
Invitations for the tender will be sent to interested parties after the expected approval.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Eight Su-25 Aircraft in Fighting Trim at Bezmer Base
- » Balkans and Black Sea in Focus of Massive US European Defender Military Exercise
- » Bulgarian Pilots Will Be Trained in US to Operate F-16 Fighter Jets
- » Bulgarian Task Forces Will Have New Combat Vehicles
- » Salary Increase of Bulgarian Police Officers Remains 15 Percent
- » UK Announces Biggest Military Investment since Cold War