Romania Arrests 7 Murfatlar Shareholders, Managers for Tax Evasion
The Romanian Prosecutor’s Office has arrested seven shareholders and managers in Murfatlar, one of the biggest companies for wine production in the country, together with three high-ranking bureaucrats on suspicions of tax evasion to the amount of USD 147 M, reported AP.
A court in Bucharest ruled on a one-month detention period for the 7 wine producers while the investigation lasts.
The other three detainees – directors in the customs office, the Romanian Finance Ministry and the tax office – have been placed under house arrest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tens of Thousands Protest in Russia Demanding Navalny's Release, over 2000 Arrested
- » Greece Extends Entry Restrictions Until 8 February 2021
- » European Economy Shrinks Above Expectations in January
- » All Hydro- and Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria Activated to Compensate for Turned off Reactor of Kozloduy NPP
- » EU Leaders Agreed to Keep Borders Open, Mull New Restrictions on Travel
- » Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed