Bulgaria and Romania Maintain Reservations About EU-Canada Agreement
Bulgaria and Romania maintain their reservations with respect to the signing of a trade agreement between the EU and Canada, reported BTA.
Austria, Slovenia and Germany have withdrawn their objections. For now, Bulgaria and Romania maintain their reservations until the agreement, reached at the highest state level, for the abolition of the visa regime for their citizens becomes official in written form.
At the beginning of October, Bulgarian PM Borisov had a telephone conversation with Canadian PM Justin Trudeau who undertook the obligation for visas to be abolished in stages as of May 1, 2017.
The Belgium government expressed its readiness today to sign the agreement as soon as the objections of the Walloon region have been withdrawn.
On Sunday, civil organisations and coalitions protested against the free-trade agreement with the USA and Canada which is being drafted by the EU.
Earlier, there were protests against the agreement in Germany and Poland as well.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU
- » Borrell Disappointed with the ongoing Veto on North Macedonia
- » 49% of Bulgarians have a Positive View of the EU but with a Drop of 2 Points since the End of 2021
- » EU Commissioner: By Adopting the Euro Bulgarians will have their Voices Heard