Patriotic Front's Valeri Simeonov Elected Head of Belene Commission
Valeri Simeonov from the Patriotic Front has been elected chairman of the commission which will investigate the facts regarding the Belene nuclear power plant.
At an emergency meeting on Tuesday, deputies voted for the creation of a commission which must investigate the circumstances concerning the project in the period 2006 and the end of September 2016.
The proposal for an investigation of the facts was submitted by 51 deputies from several parliamentary groups – Reformist Bloc, GERB, Patriotic Front and BDC.
The commission has three months in order to find out how the Belene debt was accumulated.
Valeri Simeonov was the only candidate nominated for chairman.
Metodi Andreev from GERB and Antoni Trenchev from the Reformist Bloc were elected as deputy chairmen.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor