EU Audit Office: Bulgaria With Perfect Record in 2015 Cohesion Policy Projects
Bulgaria is among the countries without any mistakes in the management of projects under the cohesion policy of the EU, showed the annual report of the European Court of Auditors on the implementation of the European budget for 2015, presented to the Council of Ministers by the Bulgarian representative in the institution Iliana Ivanova.
“For the second consecutive year, no mistakes were discovered with respect to the audited operations on cohesion policy implemented in Bulgaria. For 2015, Bulgaria found itself in the audit sample of the Declaration of Assurance with 9 operations on cohesion policy, while 8 operations were checked in 2014. For the entire European budget, the total calculated percentage of mistakes concerning this type of policy is 5.2%,” commented Ivanova.
Cohesion policy – the policy of bringing the EU closer together, is one of main sources of financial assistance for investments in growth and employment, and Bulgaria is among the member-states which receive the most funds, added Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev.
“Being perfect and the only member-state without any mistakes in all inspected activities on cohesion policy for 2015 is a sign that the system is working in Bulgaria and that our institutions deserve EU trust,” added Donchev.
- » Bulgarian Presidency Reports on the Progress Made on Topics Overseen by European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
- » South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organisation: Council Adopts New Rules
- » EU Priorities in the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation: Council Conclusions