UNESCO Adopts Resolution on Palestinian Cultural Heritage
UNESCO has officially adopted the resolution on the preservation of Palestinian cultural heritage in East Jerusalem which caused angry protests on the part of Israel, reported BNR.
The project on the resolution approved last week caused a harsh reaction on the part of Israel which stated that it is freezing its cooperation with the cultural organisation.
Israeli anger was incited by the texts concerning the Temple Mount in East Jerusalem which is designated by its Arab name only – the complex around the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The Temple Mount is the third holiest site for Muslims and the holiest place for Jews. It is administered by Jordan but Israel controls all access routes to the Temple Mount.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Top Diplomats Ask North Macedonia’s Prime Minister about Dispute with Bulgaria
- » Russia’s New Ambassador Assumes High Office in Sofia in February
- » Bulgarian Government Allots EUR 100,000 for Quake-Stricken Croatia
- » Moscow Strikes Back: Bulgarian Top Diplomat Expelled from Russia
- » Bulgaria Ready to Help North Macedonia with Vaccines
- » Russian Military Attaché Accused of Spying Left Bulgaria