Head of Greek Social Security Fund Makes Controversial Bulgaria Comments
The president of Greek self-employed professionals' social security fund has argued that whoever is unable to pay his contributions in combination with the excessive taxation should take their family and move to Bulgaria.
Dimitris Tsakiritis has told Kathimerini his statement was misinterpreted, according to the newspaper's English-language website.
He claimed that his remark was aimed at highlighting the vivacity and creativity of the Greeks, which should be used for the sake of the domestic economy and not for ways to eschew taxes and contributions.
In his words, social security contributions to the fund barely covered 50% of its needs for pension payments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis