Both Bokova, Georgieva Stand Good Chance of Becoming UN Deputy Secretary General
The new Secretary General of the UN Antonio Guterres may choose more than one deputy, predicted in an interview for BNR Jim Della-Giakoma, Deputy Director of the Center on International Cooperation at New York University.
“There are several question marks regarding the post of Deputy Secretary General. The first one is how many deputies there will be. There are assumptions that there will be several deputies. I think both Bulgarian women stand a good chance of becoming Deputy Secretary General. But I mean one of them, not both. Kristalina Georgieva is very well-received in the international community and she is very suitable for the post of deputy but it is not clear whether she will accept a job like that,” commented Della-Giakoma.
The reaction of the Bulgarian government with respect to Bokova, however, makes her a less expected choice.
- » Macedonia, Bulgaria To Strengthen Cultural Cooperation
- » Putin Ready to Meet North Korea's Kim
- » Merkel to Meet Putin on Saturday for Talks on Ukraine and Syria
- » President Rumen Radev Awards Madara Order to Ukrainian Ambassador Mykola Baltazhy
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet has Allocated over BGN 1.6 Million for an Embassy in Riyadh
- » Saudi Arabia Expels Canada’s Ambassador, Freezes Trade with Ottawa