Both Bokova, Georgieva Stand Good Chance of Becoming UN Deputy Secretary General
The new Secretary General of the UN Antonio Guterres may choose more than one deputy, predicted in an interview for BNR Jim Della-Giakoma, Deputy Director of the Center on International Cooperation at New York University.
“There are several question marks regarding the post of Deputy Secretary General. The first one is how many deputies there will be. There are assumptions that there will be several deputies. I think both Bulgarian women stand a good chance of becoming Deputy Secretary General. But I mean one of them, not both. Kristalina Georgieva is very well-received in the international community and she is very suitable for the post of deputy but it is not clear whether she will accept a job like that,” commented Della-Giakoma.
The reaction of the Bulgarian government with respect to Bokova, however, makes her a less expected choice.
- » Serbia Grateful to Bulgaria for its Vote in Energy Community
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov in Thessaloniki: There is no Better Place than the European Union
- » Premier Boyko Borissov to Participate at Thessaloniki Summit 2018
- » Bulgaria’s PM Held Bilateral Meetings with PMs of Serbia and Montenegro
- » Bulgaria’s PM Borisov Met with his Macedonian Counterpart Zaev
- » Struma Motorway in Sandanski-Kresna Section Will be Opened in Early December