Both Bokova, Georgieva Stand Good Chance of Becoming UN Deputy Secretary General
The new Secretary General of the UN Antonio Guterres may choose more than one deputy, predicted in an interview for BNR Jim Della-Giakoma, Deputy Director of the Center on International Cooperation at New York University.
“There are several question marks regarding the post of Deputy Secretary General. The first one is how many deputies there will be. There are assumptions that there will be several deputies. I think both Bulgarian women stand a good chance of becoming Deputy Secretary General. But I mean one of them, not both. Kristalina Georgieva is very well-received in the international community and she is very suitable for the post of deputy but it is not clear whether she will accept a job like that,” commented Della-Giakoma.
The reaction of the Bulgarian government with respect to Bokova, however, makes her a less expected choice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus