Both Bokova, Georgieva Stand Good Chance of Becoming UN Deputy Secretary General
The new Secretary General of the UN Antonio Guterres may choose more than one deputy, predicted in an interview for BNR Jim Della-Giakoma, Deputy Director of the Center on International Cooperation at New York University.
“There are several question marks regarding the post of Deputy Secretary General. The first one is how many deputies there will be. There are assumptions that there will be several deputies. I think both Bulgarian women stand a good chance of becoming Deputy Secretary General. But I mean one of them, not both. Kristalina Georgieva is very well-received in the international community and she is very suitable for the post of deputy but it is not clear whether she will accept a job like that,” commented Della-Giakoma.
The reaction of the Bulgarian government with respect to Bokova, however, makes her a less expected choice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: After the Mess Up in Bulgaria, our Embassy cannot Function Normally
- » Russia stopped issuing Tourist Visas for Bulgarians
- » History: How many Times were Diplomatic Relations between Russia and Bulgaria Severed
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria