Confiscation Commission Expropriates BGN 73 M in Illegal Property
The Commission for confiscation of property acquired via criminal activity has expropriated real estate properties, cars and company shares to the amount of BGN 73 M, reported bTV.
After legal amendments were introduced, the state may now confiscate illegally acquired property without looking for a link to a particular crime and without a sentence that has entered into force.
The old regulations required for the person to have been sentenced and to have income of unproven origin for more than BGN 250,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend