Ukrainians Protest Against Putin in Sofia, Plovdiv
A meeting of “Ukrainian organisation against Russian aggression” has been held in Sofia, reported BNT.
More than 60 countries participated with different initiatives.
The purpose is to appeal to authorities, and the Bulgarian government in particular, to support Ukraine in ending military actions on the part of Russia.
The aim is to withdraw Russian troops and all military equipment, and to strengthen the presence of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). This is the demand of the people who gathered at Nezavisimost (Independence) Square in Sofia on Saturday.
The meeting demanded the release of Ukrainian citizens who have been detained for political reasons both on the territory of Russia and in the Crimea.
At Saedinenie (Unification) Square in Plovdiv, part of the Ukrainian community, which totals about 450, also gathered with flags and banners in order to participate in today’s global meeting.
In this way, the organisers are trying to focus public attention on the events in Ukraine where, according to their data, 68 children have been killed since the beginning of the events, while 120 have become orphans or have been adopted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend