Gallup: DPS To Determine Outcome of Possible Presidential Election Run-Off
If, after the presidential elections on November 6, a run-off is reached between Tsetska Tsacheva and General Rumen Radev, BSP’s candidate will win, showed a Gallup survey of electoral attitudes among 998 people in the period October 4-12.
According to the survey, Radev will win 29.6% of the votes, compared to 26.4% for Tsacheva. 22.8% of the persons interviewed had no answer or expressed hesitation. 21.2% said they are not going to vote.
“A hypothetical run-off between Tsacheva and Radev has an unpredictable end result and it is difficult to forecast who the victor will be,” said sociologists. They take into account the fact that it is not clear how the parties will campaign during the run-off, what DPS’ actions will be etc.
According to the survey, if the first round of elections were held today, Tsacheva would win 19.2% of the votes, followed by Radev with 15.1%.
Krasimir Karakachanov ranks third with 7.2%, although it is difficult to calculate the electoral bonus brought about by the merger of NFSB, Ataka and VMRO.
Traycho Traykov, Ivaylo Kalfin and Veselin Mareshki hover around the 5% threshold, while Tatyana Doncheva would be supported by 2.7%.
Plamen Oresharski has no visible support but that could change depending on DPS’decision whether to back him or not.
According to Gallup, DPS’ behaviour will be the decisive factor. The movement could mobilise about 6% of all voters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend