UN General Assembly Approves Guterres As Secretary General
The General Assembly of the UN has approved Portuguese Antonio Guterres as General Secretary of the world organisation as of January 1, 2017.
Guterres will succeed Ban Ki-moon.
The 193 member-states of the UN greeted with applause the resolution for the appointment of the former PM of Portugal.
Guterres was High Representative for Refugees of the UN for a period of ten years. The 67-year old politician promised during his campaign to contribute further to the protection of human rights and carry out reforms in the UN which is seen as slow and cumbersome when reacting to ongoing disasters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid
- » In 2022, Bulgaria declared 84 Russian Officials as Persona Non Grata