Bob Dylan Awarded 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature
Bob Dylan has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for 2016, announced Reuters.
The Swedish academy awarded the prize to the singer for “the creation of a new poetic language in the American song tradition.”
With this prize, the 75-year old rock musician has been officially recognised as a poet.
“For 54 years, he has been transforming himself incessantly. It may look surprising but if we go back 5,000 years, the poems of Homer and Saffo were created to be performed live. It is the same with Dylan,” stated Sara Danius – Secretary of the Swedish Academy, adding that Dylan is probably “the greatest poet alive”.
- » Explosion at a Dobrich Gas Station Killed a Woman, Another is in a Hospital
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning