Bulgaria's Energy Minister To Discuss Belene Payment in Moscow
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova is travelling to Moscow to discuss the forthcoming steps concerning the fulfillment of the decision of the Arbitration Court on the Belene nuclear power plant.
In June, Bulgaria was sentenced to pay EUR 620 M for equipment ordered from Russia. The daily interest is EUR 167,000.
Two days ago, Parliament approved state aid to the National Electric Company (NEK) with which it has to cover the debt. Brussels’ decision on the issue is expected soon.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria expects to see on the spot the manufactured equipment which the country has to pay for.
The Bulgarian delegation will include representatives of the Bulgarian Energy Holding and NEK. They will negotiate with the State Corporation for Nuclear energy of the Russian Federation Rosatom and Atomstroyexport.
This will be the second meeting of the working group. They met a month ago in Sofia.
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1
- » World Bank, AIIB Allocate $1.2B Loan to Turkey for Natural Gas Storage Facility