Bulgaria's Energy Minister To Discuss Belene Payment in Moscow
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova is travelling to Moscow to discuss the forthcoming steps concerning the fulfillment of the decision of the Arbitration Court on the Belene nuclear power plant.
In June, Bulgaria was sentenced to pay EUR 620 M for equipment ordered from Russia. The daily interest is EUR 167,000.
Two days ago, Parliament approved state aid to the National Electric Company (NEK) with which it has to cover the debt. Brussels’ decision on the issue is expected soon.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria expects to see on the spot the manufactured equipment which the country has to pay for.
The Bulgarian delegation will include representatives of the Bulgarian Energy Holding and NEK. They will negotiate with the State Corporation for Nuclear energy of the Russian Federation Rosatom and Atomstroyexport.
This will be the second meeting of the working group. They met a month ago in Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Deputies Decided: The State Builds 100 Gas Stations
- » Gas Supplies to Bulgaria From Turkey Will Be Suspended Until The End Of The Week
- » Power Engineers: The People On The Other Side Of The Light
- » Udeclared Fuel Cost a Quarter of a Billion Euros to the Bulgarian Budget
- » Rosatom, Framatome and GE Steam Power Unite for Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgarian Energy and Water Regulatory Commision Creates Comparing Offers Platform for Electricity Supply