Eight Companies Vying to Build 16 km of Bulgaria's Hemus Motorway
There are eight offers submitted by companies willing to build a 16 km section of Hemus Motorway in Northern Bulgaria, the Road Infrastructure Agency has said.
The tender's total value is BGN 133 M, VAT excluded.
The stretch in question is designed to connect two junctions, Belokopitovo in Shumen region and Buhovtsi, in direction to the city of Targovishte.
A deadline of 910 days has been set for a technical project and construction be finished.
Bulgaria’s coalition government led by centre-right GERB party sees the construction of new sections of Hemus Motorway as key to enhancing the economic development of the country’s northern regions which lag behind the southern ones in terms of road infrastructure.
However, the building has been accompanied by problems, with the government deciding to cancel a tender worth nearly BGN 800 M for a 60-km stretch of Hemus, citing suspected irregularities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia Launches New Holiday, Raises Concerns across Balkans
- » Bulgarian Schools Have New Mission - Save Future of School Dropouts from Poverty
- » Start of School Year in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks 36th in Frasers's 2021 Economic Freedom of the World Annual Report
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2029 New Cases
- » LGBTIQ Rights Should Be Defended across the Bloc, Same-Sex Marriages to Be Allowed in all Member States