Turkish President Erdogan: Iraqi PM Should Know His Limits
Turkey will not accept orders from Iraq regarding the Bashiqa military base, stated Turkish Presidet Recep Erdogan, cited by the Anadolu Agency.
During a statement within the framework of the Ninth Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul, Erdogan said that Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi should “know his limits” and reminded that it was Haider who asked for the presence of the Turkish military in Iraq.
The Iraqi PM requested the establishment of the military base Bashiqa during meetings with former Turkish PM Ahmet Davuto?lu.
“We have recordings of all of them (the meetings) and we will play them on TV channels today or tomorrow,” added Erdogan.
- » Athens-Skopje Deal Still Elusive
- » Athens Asks EU Official to Stop ‘Undermining’ FYROM Talks
- » Serbia Threatens Serbs with Prison if They Decide to Join Kosovo Army
- » Erdoğan's Call For Peace a Positive Step, Greece Says
- » Kosovo Ready for Council of Europe Membership Bid
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home