Bulgaria Posts EU's Biggest Growth in Tourist Overnights for 2016
Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova has said the country has registered a 18% year-on-year increase in tourist overnight stays for the first six months of 2016.
This is the best result within the EU, Angelkova has told Focus Radio, citing Eurostat data.
There were more than 8 million overnights between January and June, according to the minister.
She has added revenues in tourism, at BGN 3.4B, since January, have gone up 15% in seven months if compared to the same period of last year.
Angelkova has pledged to continue her work with representatives of diplomatic missions to Bulgaria as a means to promote the country's tourism potential.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?