Syrian Refugees in Sofia End Hunger Strike over Conditions
Fifteen Syrian refugees sent to Bulgaria have decided to call off a hunger stike they were planning, the refugee agency has said after holding talks with them.
The Syrians in question were sent to Bulgaria from Greece under the EU's relocation plan.
Their resettlement was accompanied by promises made by Greek authorities they would enjoy good conditions in Bulgaria if they agree to go, the Bulgarian National Radio quotes them as saying.
Greek officials told them each one would have a house, EUR 500 in monthly benefits, social security, education, and translation services.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM)'s Radoslav Stamenkov has denied the refugees were given misleading information.
- » BNR: Bulgaria to Submit the Mobility Package to EU Court
- » The Air in Sofia - Dangerous for your Health?
- » 9 Events that Happened on Friday the 13th in which there is Nothing Fatal
- » Russian Sailors Discovered Four Hitherto Unknown Islands in the Red Sea
- » An Explosion in an Apartment Building Injured 25 Germans
- » YouTube Has Introduced Stricter Rules for Video Content