Syrian Refugees in Sofia End Hunger Strike over Conditions
Fifteen Syrian refugees sent to Bulgaria have decided to call off a hunger stike they were planning, the refugee agency has said after holding talks with them.
The Syrians in question were sent to Bulgaria from Greece under the EU's relocation plan.
Their resettlement was accompanied by promises made by Greek authorities they would enjoy good conditions in Bulgaria if they agree to go, the Bulgarian National Radio quotes them as saying.
Greek officials told them each one would have a house, EUR 500 in monthly benefits, social security, education, and translation services.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM)'s Radoslav Stamenkov has denied the refugees were given misleading information.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: No COVID-19 Vaccination Document should be Required when Traveling
- » COVID-19: Changes in Classes of Students in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 11°-16°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 5643 New Cases, 154 Dead, 25,425 Newly Vaccinated in Last 24h
- » Bulgaria: Doctors Signal that Hospitals are Under Pressure and Human Resources are Depleted
- » Mathematician: There is Danger that the Capacity of Hospitals in Bulgaria will be Filled within a Week