Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov To Face Canadian Raonic in China Open Semi-Final
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov will face Milos Raonic in the semi-final of the China Open. The match is at 16:00 Bulgarian time.
Dimitrov reached the semi-final after a remarkable victory over Spain’s Rafael Nadal (6:2, 6:4). He earned his first victory against the Spaniard after eight matches by playing at a very high level.
Dimitrov said he was proud of his performance. “I want to reach the top and by this I do not mean merely entering the top 10 but aiming higher and even becoming number 1. This means I have to play against these players more or less every week and win regularly,” stated Dimitrov.
Raonic and Dimitrov have met three times so far – always on hard courts. The Canadian won in 2011 and, after that, the Bulgarian has two victories.
This is the sixth semi-final for Dimitrov this year. He played at the finals in Istanbul and Sydney but lost twice.
The other semi-final is between Andy Murray and David Ferrer.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm