Brussels Does Not Confirm Abolition of Canadian Visas for Bulgarians
The European Commission has not confirmed that there is a stage-by-stage schedule for the abolition of Canadian visas for Bulgarians and Romanians as of May 1, 2017.
“We have raised the question of Bulgarian and Romanian visa reciprocity with Canadian authorities at all levels. I do not have more concrete information to give you at the moment,” stated for BNR
Tove Ernst Spokesperson for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship.
He neither confirmed, nor denied that the EC has been informed about the telephone conversation between Prime Ministers Trudeau and Borisov.
We will continue to work towards finding mutually beneficial solutions before the summit EU-Canada on October 27 and October 28, added Ernst.
The signing of an all-inclusive agreement for trade and investments between Canada and the EU is expected at the forum. Bulgaria and Romania, however, threatened that, if the visa problem is not solved, they will block the agreement.
- » Bulgaria Charges NGO Official With Spying For Russia
- » Turkey Appoints New Ambassador to Sofia
- » An Informal Meeting of EU Finance Ministers Begins in Helsinki
- » Prime Minister Borissov Met with the Prime Minister of the Province of Lower Austria
- » PM Borissov Met with Greece's Foreign Minister
- » Greece Supports Bulgaria For Schengen