Bulgarian PM Borisov Gives Ultimatum to Five Regional Directorates Chiefs
PM Boyko Borisov has given a one-month deadline to the heads of the Regional Directorates of the Interior Ministry in Pernik, Russe, Haskovo, Pazardzhik and Plovdiv to improve their operations regarding smuggling. Otherwise, they will be fired, stated Borisov at a conference on combating smuggling, reported BNR.
Borisov expressed his satisfaction with the successful work of Bulgarian special services in dealing with cigarette smuggling and pointed out that, over the last two years, the country has collected BGN 3.7 B more in the fight against smuggling, while for 2016 proceeds amount to over BGN 1.6 B.
“Smuggling in Bulgaria is decreasing and has reached a record low of 8%, but it is increasing in Romania and Holland,” added Borisov. “Given our extended border with Serbia and Macedonia, I suppose it will come from there, if anything is coming from the outside.”
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.