Toll Tax System in Bulgaria To Yield Proceeds of BGN 1.5 B
Proceeds of BGN 1.5 B are expected from the introduction of the toll tax system in Bulgaria, announced the Director of the Road Infrastructure Agency Lazar Lazarov.
Lazarov specified that the funds will be used mainly for the construction and maintenance of roads.
The introduction of the toll system in Bulgaria was delayed due to the appeal of the procedure on assigning a public procurement order.
According to Lazarov, the toll tax system is fairer than the vignette sticker system.
“The toll tax system is the fairest. Whoever travels most frequently on republican roads and destroys them most must pay the highest amount.”
After the increase in the price of vignettes in 2016, proceeds grew to BGN 300 M. The additional BGN 100 M collected were used for the rehabilitation of the tunnels on the Hemus highway and preventive maintenance works on the roads in Northern Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend