Glas Naroden's Leader Vitkov, Ataka's Former Deputy Kuzov Drop Out of Presidential Race
Svetoslav Vitkov and Vladimir Kuzov will not be candidates for president in the elections on November 6.
The Central Election Commission (CEC) decided on Wednesday to refuse their registration since, after a check by General Directorate Citizen Registration and Administrative Services (GRAO), it turned out that they have not collected the necessary 2,500 signatures, said for Dnevnik Daily the spokesperson of CEC Tsvetozar Tomov.
The leader of the party Glas Naroden (Vox Populi) - Svetyo Vitkov and the former Ataka deputy Vladimir Kuzov were nominated by initiative committees. Their documents were filed at the last possible moment and there is no time for additional signatures to be submitted.
After their dropping out , the presidential candidates will now be 21.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev