Glas Naroden's Leader Vitkov, Ataka's Former Deputy Kuzov Drop Out of Presidential Race
Svetoslav Vitkov and Vladimir Kuzov will not be candidates for president in the elections on November 6.
The Central Election Commission (CEC) decided on Wednesday to refuse their registration since, after a check by General Directorate Citizen Registration and Administrative Services (GRAO), it turned out that they have not collected the necessary 2,500 signatures, said for Dnevnik Daily the spokesperson of CEC Tsvetozar Tomov.
The leader of the party Glas Naroden (Vox Populi) - Svetyo Vitkov and the former Ataka deputy Vladimir Kuzov were nominated by initiative committees. Their documents were filed at the last possible moment and there is no time for additional signatures to be submitted.
After their dropping out , the presidential candidates will now be 21.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million