New Sofia Public Transport 3-Day Tourist Pass Valid As Of October 1
The new pass for public transport in Sofia is now valid. The pass costs BGN 20 and can be purchased from the centres for travel documents in Sofia as of October 1.
The product combines the option of travelling along all public transport lines for three days with the option of using discounts at museums and galleries, as well as shopping outlets, announced the Centre for City Mobility. Up to now, 30 trade and cultural entities have volunteered to participate.
Museums will offer a discount of between 10% and 50%. The entry fee for the National Archeological Museum is BGN 10, given a discount of 10% it will now be BGN 9. The children’s museum Museiko offers a 20% discount for those who purchase the Sofia pass. The Earth and People National Museum offers a discount of 50%.
When buying a book from some of the book stores in the capital, users of the Sofia pass will be entitled to a 5% discount. This is also valid for certain restaurants in the city.
As early as the spring of 2016 when the price of public transport tickets went up, the Centre for City Mobility announced that they will offer a new pass which is suitable for tourists in the city.
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv